Taggin Friends, Wishing Everyone a Most Wonderful Day!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taggin Friends, Wishing Everyone a Most Wonderful Day!

♥Please click on the Group header to see all available boards♥

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LATEST ON PINKIE.......

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
cheide
Admin
cheide

Age : Join date : 2008-10-30 Posts : 378 Location : Orlando Florida

LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07 2010, 14:04

Thanks Sel for the update. Glad she is doing so so anyhow.
I might call her on Sat don't want to be a pest. Tell her I said hi
and I love her. I know Debbie is probably exhausted too.
Hugz
Carol
Back to top Go down
selma434

selma434

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 09 2010, 14:11

Hi Everyone,

Spoke very briefly with Pinkie tonight...I could hardly understand her. I know part of the problem is my hearing, but her voice was extremely gravelly...it was horrible.

I did make out that her hair is falling out. I said to her that that is expected and not a surprise...and with that she said she couldn't talk and hung up. I hope I didn't upset her...I didn't think anything about it. she had mentioned earlier in her battle that she was going to have a friend shave her head..but that fell through....so I didn't think she was surprised about the hair..I am sure it is upsetting, I know I would be upset..but I also know that this comes with chemo............oh, well..maybe i goofed.........hope not...............

that's all I know at this time....................I can't get the sound of her voice out of my mind..she sounded terrible.............later..............
Back to top Go down
moreslushymandy

moreslushymandy

Age : 63 Join date : 2008-11-03 Posts : 1446 Location : England UK

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 10 2010, 07:51

[color:141b=indigo]Oh Sel hun I'm sure that you didn't upset Pinkie, I think that maybe she is just having a really hard time of it and just felt that she was unable to talk at that moment, so please don't worry hun cos I know that Pinkie loves to hear from you. I truly feel for you having to hear her voice sounding like that.....it must have been dreadful for you hun. Thank you so much for keeping us updated, I know that I'm very grateful for that. All I know is that this time is going to be very difficult for all concerned, such a terrible time for all of us. I have our Pinkie is my thoughts and prayers and am sending great big hugs to her.
Sel sending you love and great big hugs too......please don't worry anymore hun, I love you loads.
With all my love and hugs from
Mandy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color]
Back to top Go down
selma434

selma434

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 10 2010, 08:00

tHANK SO MUCH MANDY....I SURE NEEDED A PEP TALK. I WOULDN'T HURT PINKIE FOR THE WORLD.......HEARING HER LIKE THAT SURE PUTS EVERYTHING RIGHT UP THERE...YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM IT..........HUGS, SEL
Back to top Go down
cheide
Admin
cheide

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11 2010, 13:46

Oh Sel I'm sure you didn't upset her either. She probably just
wasn't having a good day hon. When I talked to her I had a
hard time hearing her too. I think it's the way she has the
phone lying also. She knows you wouldn't hurt her and I know
it's hard to hear all she says that is happening to her because
you are such a caring friend and wish you could help her. It is
very sad for all. Hang in there hon and thanks so much for
keeping us informed.
Hugz
Carol
Back to top Go down
selma434

selma434

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11 2010, 14:33

Thanks Carol...I appreciate your thoughtfulness. Yes...we all are going through a tough time with Pinkie...Just keep those prayers flying..hugs, Sel
Back to top Go down
Eileen
Admin
Eileen

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 12 2010, 00:15

SEL IT WASNT YOU. THAT SHE KNEW IT WAS COMMING IT STILL WAS A SHOCK..I MEAN YOU HEAR SO MUCH AWFUL STUFF ABOUT CHEMO THEN IT HAPPENS TO YOU AND YOU JUST CANT REALLY ACCEPT IT AND I BET TALKING ABOUT IT TO ANYONE WOULD HAVE MADE HER UPSET.

AND IT WAS HARD TO UNDERSTAND HER EVEN BEFORE THE CHEMO SO ITS JUST MAKING IT WORSE.

I GUESS ANY OF US THAT WILL CALL WILL HAVE TO EXPECT ANYTHING.

YOU HAVE DONE YOUR BEST AND I RESPECT YOU FOR KEEPING IT UP FOR ALL OF US TOO.

DO NOT FEEL BAD.. THE CANCER IS THE CULPRIT. PERIOD.

BIG HUGS, EILEEN

SEL IT WASNT YOU. IT WAS THE SITUATION. NO MATTER H
Back to top Go down
cinders

cinders

Age : Join date : 2008-11-03 Posts : 960 Location : ENGLAND UK

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 12 2010, 00:57

OH SEL IM SO SORRY I ONLY JUST SAW THIS,
IT TOTALLY WASNT YOU SHE KNOWS YOU LOVE HER AND CARE SO MUCH, SHE PROB THINKS SHE CAN BE SORT OF (NORMAL) WITH YOU AND NOT PUT AN ACT ON, PLEASE TRY AND NOT WORRY , TOTALLY NOTHING YOU DID,,
SO SORRY FOR ALL THIS ITS DREADFUL FOR PINKIE DEBBIE TOSHA ,,AND ALL WHO LOVE HER,,
THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR KEEPING US INFORMED,,
LOVE YOU CINDERS XXXXXXXXXXXX
Back to top Go down
selma434

selma434

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13 2010, 12:22

HELLO...

I HEARD FROM DEBBIE TONIGHT. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO CALL PINKIE. THEY TOOK THE PHONE OUT OF HER ROOM.

THE RADIATION IS EFFECTING HER VOICE..SHE CANNOT TALK. I ASKED DEBBIE TO PLEASE KEEP ME INFORMED ESPECIALLY IF PINKIE IS ABLE TO HAVE CALLS AGAIN. I GUESS PINKIE IS HAVING CHEMO/RADIATION TOMORROW..I ASKED HOW LONG DOES SHE HAVE FOR THESE TESTS AND SHE IS LOOKING AT ABOUT 4 MORE WEEKS..DEPENDING IF THEY HAVE TO STOP THE TESTS DUE TO HER BLOOD/LIVER/KIDNEYS...ETC. I HAD A FRIEND WHO HAD BREAST CANCER AND I REMEMBER THEM HAVING TO STOP THE TREATMENTS BECAUSE OF HER BLOOD CELLS.

DEBBIE DID SAY SHE IS HAVING A SCAN TOMORROW TO SEE IF THERE IS A CHANGE IN THE TUMOR. SHE SAID THE LAST SCAN SHOWED THE TUMOR TO BE SMALLER...LET'S HOPE AND PRAY THIS IS THE TRUTH. I WOULD BE HORRIBLE FOR PINKIE TO GO THROUGH THIS WITHOUT ANY RELIEF.

THATS ALL I KNOW. I HAVE TO DEPEND ON CALLS FROM DEBBIE NOW TO SEE WHAT IS UP. SHE SAID SHE WOULD TRY TO CALL TOMORROW NIGHT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT THE SCAN SHOWED..IF THERE WERE IMPROVEMENT WITH THE TUMOR OR NOT.

OKAY FOLKS...THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. I REALLY AM NOT GOOD AT THIS, BUT I WILL TRY TO KEEP YOU UP TO DATE.

FOR PINKIE...KEEP THE PRAYERS ROLLING...SHE SURELY NEEDS THEM.

LATER............................................
Back to top Go down
cinders

cinders

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13 2010, 17:32

THANKS SO MUCH SEL, IT MUST BE SO HARD ON YOU TOO ,ITS SUCH A DREADFUL THING, PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF TOO,

OBVIOUSLY SENDING SO MANY PRAYERS TO DEAR PINKIE AND MUCH LOVE TO HER AND DEBBIE.

ITS VERY KIND OF YOU TO DO THIS, MUST BE SO UPSETTING TO BE IN THE FRONTLINE AS IT WERE ON NEWS,,,,BUT ITS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

MUCH LOVE CINDERS XXXX
Back to top Go down
selma434

selma434

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13 2010, 19:11

Thanks Cins..but don''t waste your pity on me...it's poor Pinkie that needs all the thoughts and prayers. This happened so fast..it makes one really think about their life and their situation...it is so precious and fragile.

May God bless all of the people in this wonderful group and keep them all safe from trouble .........hugs and love....xxxxxxxxxxxx Sel
Back to top Go down
cheide
Admin
cheide

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 14 2010, 13:51

Sel thanks so much for keeping us informed hon.
I hope the next test shows that the tumor is
shrinking and she will be feeling better soon and
will have the use of that arm again. And I agree with
you it really makes you think about life and how things
are.
Please tell Debbie next time you talk to her that we are
all sending prayers.
Hugz
Carol
Back to top Go down
moreslushymandy

moreslushymandy

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 15 2010, 06:08

[color:54d9=indigo]Oh thank you so much Sel for this latest update hun....I'm so very grateful for the news that you bring us and I appreciate it so much.
Well that's good news that the last scan showed that the tumor had shrunk in size....let's all just pray so very hard that the next scan shows even more good results. Our Pinkie is so very brave to be going through all of this, it must be so difficult for both her and Debbie.
Please know that I have our precious Pinkie in my thoughts and prayers always.
With all my love and great big hugs from
Mandy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color]
Back to top Go down
selma434

selma434

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 24 2010, 11:52

Hi Everyone,
I heard from Pinkie tonight. she has a phone back up in her room..same number and all.
However..she says she isn't getting cards and she misses that . She would love if you could send her a card from time to time...NOT a get well card, but a THINKING OF YOU, JUST TO SAY HELLO...FUNNY, PRETTY..ETC. She says without a computer, she misses most not receiving cards.

She thanks you all so much for your prayers and asks that you keep praying for her. she still has a long road ahead of her.

She sounded a bit better than the last time I talked with her, but she is having the start of her treatments again tomorrow...so who knows how they will affect her.

I guess that is about it...oh, she said they got a bird feeder and put it up outside her window so she can watch the birds. She says the birds haven't found it as yet, but she hopes they find it soon.

That's about it...don't know too much more...........Later..........
Back to top Go down
cinders

cinders

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 24 2010, 17:40

Thanks very much Sel, poor Pinkie , she is always in my prayers, do hope the next course goes well,

much love cinders xxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
candy123056

candy123056

Age : 67 Join date : 2008-11-12 Posts : 99 Location : Gulf Coast of Texas

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 24 2010, 22:38

[i]Thanks for the update, Sel and I will try to get another card off to her in the next couple days...hugs, Candy[/i]
Back to top Go down
Eileen
Admin
Eileen

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 25 2010, 02:26

[b]thanks sel..
i am glad pinkie called you with an up-date and i will surely send cards to help cheer her day a little.

i pray that these treatments are doing something positive.

its really tough to get older.

hugs, eileen[/b]
Back to top Go down
moreslushymandy

moreslushymandy

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 25 2010, 06:59

[color:f060=indigo]Oh thank you so much Sel for bringing us this update on our dear Pinkie.
I do so hope and pray that the next course of treatment wont be too bad for her....it must be a dreadful treatment to have to go through and she is really so very brave. I think I will ring her later on in the week to find out how she's doing...I love to speak with her.
Pinkie is always in my thoughts and prayers and I will certainly be praying very hard for her as she faces this next bout of treatment.
With all my love and great big hugs from Mandy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color]
Back to top Go down
cheide
Admin
cheide

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 25 2010, 14:12

Thanks so much for the update hon. I will get another
card off to her in a day or 2. I so hope this is all helping
her. Lots of prayers for her and Debbie and Tosha.
Hugz
Carol
Back to top Go down
selma434

selma434

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06 2010, 14:34

New Update....

Talked with Pinkie today. I was surprised to fine that she sounded so much better than the last time I talked with her. Apparently, the chemo was destroying her kidneys..so they took her off the chemo. She is only getting radiation and only has 7 more days of treatment of that.

She was in great spirits. She was watching a rabbit outside her window romping around the flowers and having a good old time.

She received the card from Candy and was so happy to hear from her.

That's about it..we didn't talk very long. I told her I would be intouch again soon...........later..........................
Back to top Go down
cinders

cinders

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06 2010, 17:34

Oh great !!! tw that is good news, so pleased,

Thanks so much Sel for letting us know,,

Obviously still sending love and prayers ,

love cins xxxx
Back to top Go down
Eileen
Admin
Eileen

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06 2010, 21:34

THANKS SO MUCH SEL FOR THE UP-DATE.
I NEED TO SEND PINKIE A CARD.
SO MUCH HAS BEEN GOING ON HERE BUT I NEED TO TAKE THE TIME TO WRITE TO PINKIE.

BOY BUNIES SHOWING UP ALL OVER THE PLACE.

LOVE, EILEEN
Back to top Go down
moreslushymandy

moreslushymandy

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07 2010, 07:37

[color:56f3=indigo]Oh thanks so much for this latest update Sel hun.
I'm so pleased to hear that our dear Pinkie is sounding a bit better and glad that they've stopped the chemo, hopefully the radiation treatment will soon be over for her.
I have always got our precious Pinkie in my thoughts and prayers.
Sending loads of love and great big hugs from
Mandy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color]
Back to top Go down
cheide
Admin
cheide

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07 2010, 14:37

Oh Sel thanks for the update. I'm glad she sounded so
good. Hope the radiation will be the answer for her.
I am putting a card in the mail to her tomorrow.
Tell her we miss her when yall talk again.
Hugz
Carol
Back to top Go down
selma434

selma434

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14 2010, 06:35

Hi Everyone,
Pinkie called today..what a great surprise and it was so nice to hear her sounding more like her old self.

She has 3 more radiation tests and then they will do tests to see how she has faired with the treatment so far. Keep those prayers going and your fingers crossed.

she talked about the birds at the feeder on her window and the hummingbirds and the rabbits. I told her I was going to change her name to Snow White with all those critters coming by to see her. We laughed.

Her spirits are up and she has made several friends there. So this report is on the upside and I am so glad to be able to report to you .

Okay..that is about it....she misses you all and says she can't wait until she can get on the computer and add some life into the "CABOODLE" group. I told her it has slowed down quite a bit of late. I tole her we will all look forward to the "Sarge" stepping us up a bit.

Well , that is about it for my report..........Later........!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ON PINKIE.......   LATEST ON PINKIE....... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LATEST ON PINKIE.......

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Taggin Friends, Wishing Everyone a Most Wonderful Day! :: *¤*.¸¸.·´¨»*«´ Member General `»*«´¨`·.¸¸.*¤* :: General Board -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com